Thursday, November 17, 2011

Religion

Yes, I seriously have an opinion on religion as well. I was reading a few articles online and on social websites, and couldn't help but to notice how many people were arguing through comments and posts on secular views and stereotypes for each particular sect of a religion. Personally, I don't believe in anything that they're arguing over, but does that make me any less human than them? Even if they believe I'm condemned to Hell, does this really mean that my life after death will truly be suffering? I'm going to quote someone that not many may agree with, but when I look at it in a certain context, it makes perfect sense. In the words of the Honorable Chairman Mao Tse Tung, "Religion is the opiate of the masses, a poison so to speak." Opinions will be stated, wars will be fought, and not one thing will change because of that. It's the human condition, and it's unfortunately become a rather pointed element of religion as a result. People are products of their upbringing, but when they're spoon-fed  intolerance, it only results in more hatred spreading, and more battles being fought over differences. In this day and age, intolerance has run rampant for far too long. In ancient Rome, Christianity was outlawed. Judaism was technically outlawed in the sense that they were generally given death sentences under Nazi rule. Hell, it was even taboo to be Muslim in the United States in recent years. I may not believe in a single god or afterlife, but I do believe that we need to stop looking at the differences with each other and begin to co-exist.
"Shade"

No comments:

Post a Comment